2011 Youth LEAD Institute (YLI) Program
The 2011 Youth LEAD Institute (YLI) was the begining of a new era for LCL. Under the direction of a new Management, LCL partnered with a new cohort of young girls on their journey to defining themselves as women. The 2011 program participants were guided through the LCL curriculum through a series of group discussion, workshops, creative expression activities (e.g., journaling, photo voice journaling and art work), service opportunities and cultural excursion trips through Chicago’s ethnic communities. See below for an overview of all the activities that our youth participated in during the 2011 program year. Click Here to learn how to become a community partner and/or sponsor of the 2012 Youth LEADers Institute!
Understanding Ourselves as Individuals
- LCL Workshops on Self Esteem
- LCL Loving, Learning & Letting Go Workshop
- LCL Workshops on Mental & Physical Health
- LCL & UIC Workshop on Nutrition
- LCL Pilsen, Chinatown, and Humboldt Park Excursions
- LCL Workshop on Immigration and Naturalization
- Te Escuchamos Youth Art Workshop
- LCL Women In Leadership Panel
- LCL Financial Etiquette Workshop
- LCL Annual Reflection Retreat in Wonder Lake
- LCL LEAD Expo
As a part of the LCL model, those young women who successfully completed the 2001YLI LEAD Core Program have graduated into the next phase of the LEAD Institute to become youth leaders. Click here to find out more about the YLI LEADers Program.